Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Updates

I'm heading to Turin, Italy on Saturday, June 13 and really hoping to find internet connection outside of work so I can post pictures and stuff...

I'm bummed that I just missed the end of the football/soccer season (there are two big-league teams based in Turin), the Monaco Grand Prix, and the Giro d'Italia (one of the three biggest cycling races in the world).  But these all happened at the end of May, so I would have had to miss graduation to see them.

Instead, I'm really hoping to catch the Tour de France as it passes through an area near me.  Well lo and behold!  Stage 15 ends at Verbier, Switzerland on July 19 - a Sunday!  Hopefully I'll be able to find someone else with a car who wants to go.

Other than that, I'll probably be taking a lot of weekend trips.  I'd really like to go to Milan, Rome, and Lyon, France.  There's certainly a lot to do on weekends in Turin, too.

Until then, so long!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a freaky summer! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete